Lutheran Towers is a faith-based, non-profit, senior community that provides an affordable, quality home with person-centered supportive services that empowers its residents to thrive. Cultivating an environment where our residents can successfully and happily, age in place is at the heart of what we do. Guided by this philosophy, we help to alleviate loneliness, helplessness, and boredom. Our recreational and supportive services are offered to residents free of charge and many would not have access to or be able to afford them outside Lutheran Towers.
Coordinate and link residents to needed services that will assist with aging-in-place successfully. Provide information and make appropriate referrals to residents and families in all areas of case management for services delivered at Lutheran Towers.
$42,660 - $56,057/year
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work. Masters Degree in Social Work preferred.
2. Must have one year supervised social work experience working directly with low and moderate income individuals.
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
4. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
5. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
6. Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with others.
7. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm.
8. Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing social services.
9. Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
10. Must possess advocacy and case management skills.
11. Must demonstrate the ability and experience in assessment techniques and skills.
12. Must possess the ability and experience in assessing psychosocial needs of the elderly, the provision of social services to help meet those needs, and the skills to monitor and document the delivery of services.
13. Ability to respond to emergency situations and to make clear decisions regarding residents’ health and safety in crisis situations.
14. Excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
15. Must possess knowledge of public benefits such as Social Security, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, TANF, community resources and the requisite skills to access and/or help residents access them.
16. Computer literacy.
To apply email resume to: KMott@lutherantowers.org