Lutheran Towers is a faith-based, non-profit, senior community that provides an affordable, quality home with person-centered supportive services that empowers its residents to thrive. Cultivating an environment where our residents can successfully and happily, age in place is at the heart of what we do. Guided by this philosophy, we help to alleviate loneliness, helplessness, and boredom. Our recreational and supportive services are offered to residents free of charge and many would not have access to or be able to afford them outside Lutheran Towers.
Coordinate and link residents to needed services that will assist with aging-in-place successfully. Provide information and make appropriate referrals to residents and families in all areas of case management for services delivered at Lutheran Towers.
$42,660 - $56,057/year
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work. Masters Degree in Social Work preferred.
2. Must have one year supervised social work experience working directly with low and moderate income individuals.
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
4. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
5. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
6. Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with others.
7. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm.
8. Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing social services.
9. Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
10. Must possess advocacy and case management skills.
11. Must demonstrate the ability and experience in assessment techniques and skills.
12. Must possess the ability and experience in assessing psychosocial needs of the elderly, the provision of social services to help meet those needs, and the skills to monitor and document the delivery of services.
13. Ability to respond to emergency situations and to make clear decisions regarding residents’ health and safety in crisis situations.
14. Excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
15. Must possess knowledge of public benefits such as Social Security, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, TANF, community resources and the requisite skills to access and/or help residents access them.
16. Computer literacy.
To apply email resume to: KMott@lutherantowers.org
Briarcliff Oaks is a mission driven, not for profit HUD subsidized, Section 8 community that is committed to providing quality, affordable housing and services for residents age 62 and older.Briarcliff Oaks is seeking a full-time Service Coordinator for our community. The Service Coordinator coordinates and links residents to needed services that will assist them to age in place. Additionally, the Service Coordinator provides information and makes appropriate referrals to residents and families in all areas of case management for services delivered at Briarcliff Oaks.
The job description and detailed requirements are below. Qualified candidates should send a resume to email@example.com.
Coordinate and link residents to needed services that will assist them to age in place. Provide information and make appropriate referrals to residents and families in all areas of case management for services delivered at Briarcliff Oaks.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts comprehensive,non-clinical assessments of residents for wellness and social needs
Helps residents identify,access and coordinate services
Monitors the receipt and follow through of services
Coordinates resident transitions to/from hospital, rehabilitation and home
Assists with management of the Wellness Call System
Manages staff referrals, incident reports and provides follow up and case management as needed
Advocates on behalf of residents
Engages all residents to establish, build and maintain relationships
Develops and implements educational/preventative health and wellness programs and services for residents
Maintains an up-to-date local service provider resource directory
Conducts new resident orientation and lease education
Stays up to date on issues that affect senior adults
Responds to and manages emergency situations involving residents
Reports all emergencies to Administration
Assists with fire drills and other emergency plans
Works as a team with administrative and building staff
Attends departmental and resident related meetings as needed and assigned
Manages CSFP Food Box Program
Manages Pantry as needed
Creates and delivers notices and fliers as needed for the Service Coordinator Department
Securely maintains resident files with proper forms and documentation
Cultivates and maintains relationships/partnerships with the community, service providers, and other professionals in the social services field
Assists with Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Produces a Service Coordinator Corner for the monthly newsletter
Produces annual HUD Service Coordinator Performance Report
Attends trainings and meetings for continuing education credits as well as to meet HUD grant requirements
Remains up to date on regulatory and industry issues
Performs all other duties as assigned
Minimum of a bachelor degree in one of the social sciences
Education in gerontology and/or experience working with seniors
Experience delivering social services to seniors or non elderly disabled
Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
Must be able to speak in a public arena
Excellent organizational, computer documentation and case management skills
Excellent attention to detail
Must be computer literate
Must be able to effectively advocate, organize and problem-solve
Must be able to manage and drive forward multiple projects
Must have the ability and temperament to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Must be flexible and responsive to changing priorities
Must have the ability to work as a member of a professional team
Must be able to move or lift up to 30 pounds