Job Summary & Position Overview
The primary responsibility is to maintain or exceed budgeted occupancy and revenue largely via external sales functions. This position is responsible for business development, marketing, and community relations as lead generation strategies. The Director develops and executes strategic sales and marketing plans to include marketing events, networking with local community to garner referrals, manage digital marketing resources, oversee messaging for marketing collateral and direct mail pieces, increase brand recognition and maintain a positive reputation in the local community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Meet or exceed budgeted occupancy and revenue per community goals
• Direct and lead internal Sales Manager (reports to Director of Marketing and Community Relations) to ensure marketing and sales initiatives, messaging, and goals are coordinated and effective.
• Develop a strategic Business Development and Marketing Strategy to build brand recognition, enhance the community’s reputation in the market and drive qualified referrals to the community.
• Effective and successful execution of the Business Development and Marketing Strategy, specifically focusing on Sales & Marketing Strategies for lead generation.
• Appropriately plan and allocate marketing expenditures and resources including paid digital marketing and social media
• Maintain a current Competitive Marketing Analysis updated annually
• Develop annual marketing budget recommendations, monitor expenditures, approve charges, establish priorities for expenditures and prepare budget variance analysis.
• Pre-qualify sources of professional referrals in order to determine eligibility to send qualified potential residents
• Establish and maintain a professional relationship with key figures that have the ability to make or influence referrals to the community.
• Conduct business development appointments, events, and presentations with key figures and their associates (i.e., geriatric care managers, religious & civic groups, medical professionals, real estate agents, etc.) in order to build relationships and generate referrals.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of resident’s medical condition, financial status and any other privacy matters.
• Plan and facilitate social and educational events and coordinate programs for prospects and applicants to maintain their interest during the sales cycle.
• Supplement and substitute for Sales Manager as needed by providing visits,responding to telephone inquiries, giving presentations, setting appointments with qualified prospects, and closing sales.
• Establish flexible work schedule supporting demands of the community outside of typical business hours as needed, for tours, to respond to telephone inquiries, give presentations, and set appointments with qualified prospects in order to close sales.
• Maintain accurate and current information within the CRM to include lead management as well as referral source management
• Partner with the Executive Director to establish a sales culture within the community garnering referrals
• Train and coach sales representatives on telephone inquiry process and tours
• Establish a thorough, working knowledge of market rates and care costs within local area and adjust with changes as necessary
• Contribute to community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, team members and vendors.
• Demonstrate high level of collaboration efforts with other community team leaders
• Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments by furnishing support, by taking initiative, and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other community positions.
• Demonstrate a high level of organization, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and timely communication.
• Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership
• Additional tasks and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field is strongly preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant senor living industry experience with proven results.
• Proficient in computer utilization including: Windows, Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency with email processes and etiquette.
• Sensitive, diplomatic, and knowledgeable of the issues relating to aging, particularly as applied to resident and family relationships.
• Ability to collect, interpret and/or analyze complex data and information.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and interpersonal skills to work with various people including associates, residents, families, and professionals.
• Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
• Respond positively to constructive feedback by listening to supervisor, customers, and peers and use it to improve performance.
• Ability to travel for meetings as requested by supervisor.
• Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of Director of Human Resources.
King’sBridge is an independent not-for-profit senior living community offering three levels of care: Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care. Since 1985, King’sBridge has been serving seniors in Northeast Atlanta with a reputation for excellent care within a beautiful community. King’sBridge has approximately 200 residents (70% Independent Living, 30% Assisted Living or Memory Care) served by 90 employees. King’sBridge offers competitive pay and full benefits including a matching 403B retirement plan. For more information, visit www.kingsbridge.org.
Individuals interested in being considered for this position can send resume and inquire by emailing, King’sBridge Executive Director, Kevin Shaw, at email@example.com