The Marketing Assistant must have a sincere desire to serve older adults in a quality care setting and must strive to provide excellence and consistency in the facility.
• Coordinate paperwork with the Marketing Director for new Residents moving into facility.
• Must have all necessary resident information in place before the Resident’s move-in date. See Appendix A
• Distribute necessary resident information to all department directors 2 weeks before Resident moves into facility.
• Follow up with all department directors to ensure they have met with new Residents after they have moved into facility.
• Have Resident welcome sign and welcome package placed in Resident’s apartment before they move into facility.
• Gather photo and resident information for the resident photobook and help keep the photobook current.
• Provide front desk with all necessary paperwork for a new resident prospect and approved brochures.
• Keep all marketing lists up to date etc., waitlist, facility newsletter and storage on current data base.
• Assist Marketing Director with updating data base system.
• Conduct facility tours when Marketing Director is unavailable.
• Compile and mail facility brochures to prospective Residents.
• Prepare and distribute all Resident move-in and move-out paperwork.
• Prepare Resident Handbook and review with new residents no later than one week after move-in date.
• Proofread documents as assigned.
• Send thank you notes to prospective Residents and for any community contributions.
• Any and all other duties assigned.
Minimum High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
Experience and Training
Must possess leadership abilities, organizational skills, and the ability to accept responsibility. Should be honest, possess good judgment, tact, compassion, and integrity. The Employee should possess superior written and verbal communication skills. Minimum experience: One year working in Marketing related field. Computer skills related to composing e-mails, creating and proof reading documents.