Canterbury Court is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our family. This is a full-time position located in the Plant Operations division of our Life Plan Community (LPC). The Maintenance Technician must have a sincere desire to serve older adults in a quality continuing care setting and must strive to provide excellence and consistency in facilities. We invite you to experience Canterbury Court.
- Responsible for performing routine repairs and maintenance on equipment, building and grounds
- Responsible for maintaining the building in good condition, keeping it free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, etc.
- Changing filters in heating and air conditioning units
- Keeps exterior grounds free of litter and keeps grounds watered regularly.
- On call for emergencies
- Assists with all in-house moves.
- Keeps work areas and storage rooms neat and orderly.
- Follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the facility.
- Performs minor interior and exterior repairs on both as scheduled and as-needed basis in compliance with established Maintenance Department safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Performs painting, minor carpentry and structural work such as drywall repair/replacement and wallpapering.
Education and Experience
- High School or GED equivalent
- Must have thorough knowledge of general maintenance such as plumbing, electrical, painting, and carpet installation
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least two years’ previous facility maintenance experience. Must be in good mental and physical condition, able and willing to perform duties inside and outside when necessary. Should be honest, possess good judgment, tact, compassion, and integrity.