Canterbury Court is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (Administrative LPN) to join our family. This is a full-time position located in the long-term care division of our Life Plan Community (LPC). We invite you to experience Canterbury Court.
The LPN charge nurse will provide administrative support to the department, along with care and treatment for our residents as prescribed by physicians and in accordance with state and federal government regulations while treating all matters with the highest level of confidentiality and respect. The LPN charge nurse will also oversee the work of certified nursing aides to ensure general care and monitoring of our residents are provided.
- Perform nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
- Administer medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes
- Communicate effectively with patient and approved parties regarding plan of care.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the health care team in coordination of the patient's care.
- Answer and refer telephone calls or other inquires to ensure accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
- Have a solid understanding of and compassion for human behavior, and the psychological development of the aged.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid registration as an LPN in the state of Georgia.
- Completion of relevant state Board of Nursing approved.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS).
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year of experience in long-term care setting.