This person provides for an ongoing program of programs and events designed to meet, in accordance with state and federal regulations, philosophy of whole person wellness and resident centered care.
Education: Completion or enrollment of a Dietary Manager/Tech program, a graduate of an approved food service supervisor course, or possess AS degree in food management.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Plan, prepare, implement and supervise person-centered individual and group programs and events to promote sensory stimulation for the Health Care Center and Assisted Living residents.
- Accurate and timely document (daily) resident attendance and level of enjoyment and participation in individual and group activity
- Assists residents to and from daily activities and encourages participation in programming.
- Assist in completing comprehensive and quarterly assessments of each resident and participate in weekly care plan meetings as requested by the Senior Activities Coordinator.
- Assist senior coordinator with ordering / purchasing supplies
- Create monthly flyers and other publications / communications as requested or as needed.
- Distribute a community newsletter and/or calendar to residents and/or designated responsible parties, in accordance with company and regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Arrange safe transportation and appropriate supervision for external activities.
- Ensure resident safety during all activities whether inside or outside the community complying with community safety regulations and policies and any regulatory requirements
- Assist residents with toileting, feeding and grooming.
- Ensure that each resident has received their daily mail.
- Assist with recruiting, training, coordination and supervision of volunteers in relation to Programs and Events.
- Assist in maintaining records for safety.
- Attend in-services and training, as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred. (Preference for music, occupational therapy or recreational therapy) or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in activity planning or music, occupational or recreational therapy with knowledge in federal and state regulations in a Health Care setting.
- Certification in Activities Director is a plus (e.g NCCAP)
- Long-term acute rehab experience or other relevant experience is a plus
- Must have sincere interest in working with elders and possess patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm
- Ability to plan and assume a leadership role in all programs.
- Ability to comprehend memos, reports, and a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule and willing to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must function in a confidential manner.
- Must demonstrate the Lenbrook Way Service Standards and Values
- Basic knowledge of audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments
- Must be able to drive a 14-person bus, CDL license preferred
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Working Conditions
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Ability to bend, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to push, pull, or lift objects in excess of 50 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below and at shoulder level.
- All requirements of this position are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying
this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other
job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully,
the employee will possess abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; Lenbrook is an at-will employer.