The Facilities Specialist II performs skilled maintenance and minor repair work in the basic trades to ensure that the facility is properly maintained and meets the standards and guidelines set forth by the organization. The FSII will assist the Maintenance Director/ Maintenance Coordinator in the completion of larger and more complex assignments. Duties may fall into a variety of trade areas, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, fire and life safety and locks. The position follows standard practices and procedures and complies with all OSHA/EPA regulatory requirements.
• Inspects and performs preventative maintenance for building systems (exterior envelopes and interior ceilings, floors, walls, windows, finishes and hardware, keys, panel alarm, plumbing, electrical (lights, light tube changes, ballasts, vehicle monitoring, outlets, circuitry, electrical panels), and mechanical systems including controls, pump and motors.
• Reports needs for repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance/supervision of contractors or vendors; gathers information as directed to assist in estimating/evaluating project costs.
• Takes a proactive approach to facility related needs and conditions. Completes programmed reports for monitoring building and property conditions.
• Performs assigned work orders in a timely manner using the Worxhub program.
• Performs electronic record keeping for assigned work orders correctly and completely in a way that maximizes the response, preparation and customer service of the department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Organizational Skills.
• Problem Solving Abilities
• Time Management and Prioritization
• Maintenance Troubleshooting
• On-Call Availability 24hr/7
• Ability to lift up to 50 lb
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing for most of the workday. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Pay: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
Interested persons can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org