The Director of Resident Services must have a sincere desire to serve older adults in a quality care setting, providing excellence and consistency in the facility.
• Develop goals, objectives and operating standards for the activity department/resident services.
• Evaluate department human resource needs, determine job responsibilities, and assist in recruitment employment, training, supervision, motivation and evaluation of employees.
• Maintain current job descriptions and evaluate personnel on this basis.
• Verify payroll; fill in bi-weekly payroll forms.
• Conduct employee conferences, including employment interviews, evaluation conference, disciplinary and termination conferences.
• Develop and maintain inventory of activity supplies.
• Develop and maintain billing system for vendors and entertainment.
• Attend Departmental Director meetings, staff meetings, in-service training and serve on appropriate committees.
• Develop and implement annual and capital budgets for Resident Services.
• Write and prepare monthly newsletter and calendar of events.
• Write and prepare weekly calendar of activity events for the printed weekly schedule and insertion channel slides.
• Operate and maintain the software used for the newsletter, calendar and insertion channel.
Minimum High School Graduate or GED equivalent. Must have a clear driving record.
Shall be capable of making judgments and have no physical or mental disabilities or personality disturbances which might interfere with carrying out the responsibilities of the position. Should have an understanding of and compassion for human behavior, and the psychological development of the aged. Should be able to use good judgment regarding all decisions involving personnel policies and resident care policies. Must be able to motivate while maintaining a good working relationship with residents and families. Must possess good skills in planning, organizing, directing, and managing; must be knowledgeable of current standards for retirement facilities. Should be able to identify and anticipate the needs of the residents and families.
Experience and Training
At least one (1) year of supervisory experience. Previous experience with working with older adults preferably two (2) years or more. Must be in good mental and physical condition, able and willing to perform duties as assigned. Must possess leadership ability, organizational skills, the ability to accept responsibility; as well as the ability to organize and administer the budget to its fullest potential. Should be honest, possess good judgment, tact, compassion, integrity, and strong communication skills. Must have knowledge experience using social media and streaming sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, HBO Max, Prime Video, etc. Also, must have the ability to operate technology such as a microphone, TV, Projector, DVD player, firestick, A/V receiver and any and all equipment needed to provide services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to communicable diseases.
The employee regularly is required to stand, climb up and down stairs, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such a weight a minimum distance of 200 feet. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
Work area may be subject to noise, distractions and interruption.
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org