Lutheran Towers is a faith-based, non-profit, senior community that provides an affordable, quality home with person-centered supportive services that empowers its residents to thrive. Lutheran Towers offers a very generous salary and a robust benefits package, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance; paid time off (PTO); a generous retirement plan; and a great environment filled with energetic, fun, team-oriented people.
Job Title: Director of Business Operations and Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Report(s): Resident Relations Specialist, and the Financial Services Coordinator), volunteer(s), intern(s).
Essential Job Functions:
1) Ensures strict compliance with all HUD and Fair Housing regulations as well as state, and local laws as it pertains to admissions/occupancy, resident certifications, processing of information and resident eligibility in a timely manner.
2) Ensure the maximization of revenue generation and resident satisfaction via the utilization of sound business practices.
3) Maintain an annual building occupancy rate in excess of ninety-eight (98) percent
4) Works in collaboration with the executive director as well as her/his colleagues to maintain a high level of resident satisfaction
5) Actively participate in the community’s marketing efforts (i.e. website, Facebook, Instagram, annual report, etc.) on an ongoing basis and manage the donor services.
6) Supervising the Resident Relations Specialist and Financial Services Coordinator, as well as general administrative office duties.
7) Preparing and submitting, timely, comprehensive, accurate, records, and internal and external reports required by Lutheran Towers, HUD, federal, and/or state agencies
8) Manage the acquisition of all office equipment required to meet the needs of the agency and engages a HUD recommended firm to conduct a Capital Needs Assessment
Human Resource Management
1. Provides orientation, training, supervision, professional development plan and evaluation of all Departments
• On a monthly basis, in collaboration with the executive director and other leadership team members convenes and executes the residents Town Hall Meeting and presents at the monthly LTRA meeting.
• Ensure the timely and accurate submission of all reports required by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
• Ensures compliance with all federal, local and HUD regulations, policies and procedures.
• Routinely review expenditures ensuring they are within budget and approved by the executive director.
• Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
• Serve as a liaison with outside vendors and agencies.
• In partnership with the Director of Physical Plant work to ensure that Lutheran Towers has the requisite 24/7 security staff and the requisite security related equipment throughout the building.
• A four-year degree required. A Bachelor of Science degree in finance, accounting, business administration, real estate, or related degree preferred.
• A Masters in Business Administration or CPA is ideal with extensive knowledge and experience in: nonprofit accounting in a HUD subsidized facility;
• A minimum of ten years’ experience in senior affordable housing preferably in property management.
• At least two years’ experience collaborating directly with the executive director and operations team to organize the property management functions.
• Knowledge of financial concepts involving profitability analysis, financial sustainability, budget formulation, expense monitoring, and fundamental financial/expense controls
• Thorough knowledge of computer systems, Onesite, Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and various accounting software packages along with facility with social media marketing.
• Strong working knowledge of HUD regulations and extensive experience in the area of property management in compliance with the US Housing and Urban Development rules and regulations.
• A minimum of three years of supervisory experience with at least two direct reports.
CERTIFICATE(S), LICENSE(S), AND CERTIFICATION(S)
• Certified Occupancy Specialist
• Preferred specialized training such as Certified Property Management (CPM), Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and a Real Estate Broker license.
• Valid Georgia Driver’s License, clean driving record, and insurance
To apply send an email to email@example.com.