Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Canterbury Court is a retirement community located in the heart of Buckhead where we put our hearts into creating a true community. As a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, we reinvest revenue into our community for the benefit of residents and staff. We are Atlanta’s first Life Plan Community (LPC) – what some call a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC).
Canterbury Court is looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our family. These Full-time positions are located in the long-term care division of our Life Plan Community (LPC). The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) must have a sincere desire to serve older adults in a quality continuing care setting, providing for the dignity of all residents through a high standard of caring professional Assisted Living and Nursing services. We invite you to experience Canterbury Court.
Canterbury Court offers a competitive total compensation package that includes health & dental benefits, eligibility for a quarterly gift, group insurance plans, retirement savings plan with company match, off-street parking, and resident-funded scholarships.
• Assist with or provide basic care needs: dressing, grooming, shampoos; oral care, nail care skincare; bathing, including bed baths, tub baths, showers, and whirlpool baths.
• Answer call light and deliver messages.
• Care of resident valuables and other property.
• Assist with ambulation: getting in and out of bed, transfer techniques walking with/without assistive devices; use of wheelchairs; use of orthopedic appliances.
• Assist with feeding as is necessary.
• Assist with or provide environmental needs: making beds, changing linens as necessary.
• Clean and maintain orderly utility rooms, linen closets, and storage cabinets.
• Collect, bag and transport soiled linen to utility and central bath areas.
• Clean equipment.
• Assist with or provide basic toileting care: ambulation to the bathroom; use of bedpan, urinal, or bedside commode; bowel and/or bladder training; care of incontinent episodes; provide perineal care; measuring output; record B.M.’s, urination, emesis, drainage, etc.
• Assist with or provide preventative care; prevention of decubitus ulcers, ROM exercises to prevent contracture; metal and physical stimulation to prevent disorders due to sensory deprivation.
• Assist with or provide treatments and procedures when properly instructed: obtaining temperatures, pulses, respirations, weights; collecting specimens of urine, feces, vomitus, sputum, conducting Clinitest and Acetest procedures.
• Applying soaks or wet packs.
• Give enemas, douches; applying restraints.
• Carry out postmortem care.
• Carry out isolation techniques and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum high school graduate. Ability to read and write correctly.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) must possess the ability to perform routine duties in accordance with established methods and techniques, conforming with recognized standards.
The ability to provide treatments and carry out procedures following proper instructions is a must.
Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each resident by providing consistent understand and kindness in their care. Encourage maximal independence in all activities.
Shall be able to observe and report changes in residents’ physical and emotional condition to the Charge Nurse. Maintain an attractive, comfortable, and clean environment for the residents. Assist in admitting, discharging, and transferring residents.
The knowledge of proper procedures to follow to prevent the spread of disease or infection is needed (i.e., proper handwashing, proper handling of contaminated items, etc.).
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) should have previous health-related experience, preferably in long-term care.
Must have a genuine interest in geriatric care, and must believe in and uphold the philosophy of the facility.
Shall be of good physical and mental health.
Should be honest and possess good judgment.
Email resume to HR@canterburyccrc.org or apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/b63f2682-befe-4f53-8b7d-05c3952a135d/Canterbury-Court