PT (20 - 30 hours/week), could be Full-time and 40 hours/week based on applicant need and skillset, In-person (downtown Decatur), pay range dependent on candidate experience
Personal Care, Inc. has provided personalized home care to older adults for over 40 years in the Metro Atlanta area. Our mission is to provide exceptional care and support to those trusted to us. We seek employees who have the ability and desire to provide competent care and to treat older adults with respect and dignity.
We are seeking an Atlanta-based, talented, full-time or part-time bookkeeper to assist with preparing financial information for management, preparing financial reports, and handling the accounting, payroll, and billing functions of the company. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail and superb analytical skills.
- Receives payments and records deposits in the accounting system daily.
- Generates a weekly financial analysis summary.
- Enters all accounts payable and issues weekly cash requirements report. Pay bills weekly in coordination with Owner.
- Collects all credit card and ACH payments from clients.
- Makes transfers between bank accounts to cover payroll or 401k plan.
- Creates a weekly journal entry in the accounting system for payroll.
- Maintains spreadsheets for all employee benefits deductions.
- Reconciles petty cash accounts monthly.
- Reconciles credit card charges and post to appropriated accounts.
- Review monthly credit card merchant fees vs charged credit card fees to ensure appropriateness
- Reconciles all bank accounts monthly.
- Prepares monthly revenue comparison reports.
- Reconciles payroll system report to General Ledger in Accounting system monthly.
- Records all payroll deductions and produces reports for health insurance.
- Maintains record of all employee loans and garnishments.
- Maintains the general ledger and generates monthly financial statements.
- Reviews and make journal entries for year-end adjustments.
- Prepares Form 1099 and preview W-2 at year end.
- Provides year-end financial statements to clients as requested.
- Serves as liaison to the company accountant, and works with her on any issues and projects that are required for tax preparation.
- Calculates billing in internal software and generates invoices weekly. Post and export invoices to the Accounting system.
- Creates and mail monthly statements to the clients with past due balance.
- As needed, calculate interest charge on past due invoices.
- Calculates payroll in internal software weekly.
- Make necessary edits to payroll and export to payroll vendor
- Print paychecks
- Transfer funds from operating account to payroll account
- Complete weekly 401k file transfer to 401k vendor and fund appropriately
General Office Responsibilities:
- If in the office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., answers the telephone as needed
- Assist in development of new reports, adoption of new systems, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous bookkeeping experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, or related-applications
- Strong attention to detail, deadline-oriented, time management
- Data entry management and analytical skills
Please submit resume and/or cover letter to Turner Bowman, Director of Operations, at email@example.com