The ADON is assigned overall responsibility for the functioning of the skilled nursing sections in concert with the ADON; is committed to the Code of Conduct, Wellness Philosophy and Person-Center Care in addition to the overall and professional responsibility for the overall care of residents in these sections, the ADON provides infection control, survey leadership, wound rounds, incident/accident reporting, QI & QA leadership, new hire orientation and specializes in dementia-specific programs. This person is a highly motivated and professional leader for long-term care residents and will develop, implement, document and evaluate resident service plans to ensure the highest level of quality care. This person works closely and effectively with resident physicians and family members. This person sets the tone of care by planned, periodic involvement in providing care with the staff.
1. Staff Leadership
a. Hires, orients, assigns duties, monitors, and evaluates work performance of nursing staff. Ensures that nursing personnel have valid and current licenses as required by DOH.
b. Provides comprehensive system of in-service and on-going training of all clinical staff; has “hands-on” style of instruction/education with staff.
c. Provides initial and ongoing staff development and communications to ensure competency of skills and timeliness of information regarding procedures, processes, policies, rules, regulations and technology.
2. Clinical Leadership
a. Provides decisive expertise in collaborations related to admission, appropriate placement, transfer and discharge of residents.
b. Organizes, plans, conducts and assures structure of QI & QA.
c. Provides infection control policies, protocols, training, performance evaluation
d. Leads preparation, engagement and response to all surveys, complaint visits and mock surveys
e. Trains and assures quality services in dementia-care related programs in unit
a. Assures compliance with DOHSS regulations.
b. Assures training and completion of accident/incident reporting. Conducts investigations and closes reports in a timely fashion.
c. In concert with Compliance Liaison, develops and maintains policies, procedures and protocols relate to all functions in skilled nursing, including but not limited to staffing, therapeutic and clinical activities, programs and procedures.
d. Creates and enforces a structure of staffing, in accordance with staffing policies; resolves concerns/conflicts related to scheduling, performance and assignments.
e. Assures a Charge Nurse function on every shift, every day.
f. Prepares and monitors annual department operating and capital budgets in collaboration with the CEO and Chief Financial Officer.
• Provides educational services to residential living persons, as time permits and encourages residents to volunteer and participate in the life of Pavilion Care.
• Provides administrative coverage as a Key Leader
• Rotates with Director of Nursing to be on-call Manager
Education & Experience:
• Associate Degree, Nursing required; BSN preferred.
• Registered Nurse, State of Georgia; CPR-certified and compliant with CEU requirements.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in the daily operation of an organization providing Skilled Nursing or Sub-Acute services. Experience with MDS, case management, DOH survey and Risk Management.
• Maintains professional competence through participation in one professional organization approved by the DON and actively purses continuing education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Works closely with DON and coordinates clinical leadership with DON’s support.
• Superior knowledge of MDS process, CMS rulings and governmental regulations related to Skilled Nursing services and the reimbursement structures.
• Strong organizational skills related to both electronic and paper systems of documentation: accuracy, timeliness and retrieval.
• Demonstrated leadership and management that effectively lead and inspire nurse and aides to deliver a high quality of care to residents. Leads by example and maintains high standard of fairness with respect to scheduling, discipline and assisting staff with their needs.
• Exhibits dependability and a positive demeanor.
• Endorses, teaches and models resident directed care.
• Strong inter-personal skills; Able to relate well with residents, family, physicians and community visitors.
• Demonstrates problem solving and conflict negotiation skills, especially in the area of staff to staff conflict.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; Computer literate: Word, Excel, Power Point; Must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday
• Turn, reach, stoop and crouch while performing tasks
• Sit, stand, bend, lift and carry during working hours
• May be required to lift seniors, equipment and supplies
• May be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants (including tobacco smoke) hazardous chemicals
• May be exposed to Hepatitis B virus
Email resume to HR@canterburyccrc.org or apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/b63f2682-befe-4f53-8b7d-05c3952a135d/Canterbury-Court