Wesley Woods Senior Living - Atlanta, GAUnder the general supervision of the Residential Administrator, the Manager of Resident Services will be responsible for the day to day operations and management of a multiple care program, according to the community and licensure requirements and regulations.
1. Responsible for 24 hours, 7 days a week coverage for the Personal Care Program. Responds to all emergencies within program according WWSL standards and procedures.
2. Perform all resident assessments prior to admissions and on an ongoing basis; supervise the day to day coordination of Resident Care.
3. Conducts regular residents/family conferences, monitoring changes in status and Care Plan Adjustments. Lead Care Plan Team, preparing and monitoring the Care Plan Task List, and the General shift checklist, and weekly Medication Assistance Record, ensuring all appropriate documentation according to all requirements and regulations. Oversees Resident Files and all required files and required documentation.
4. Manages personal care staff in accordance with WWSL Human Resources policies, providing leadership in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orientation/training, verifying time-keeping and attendance, corrective action/disciplining and evaluating staff performance reviews in collaboration with the Residential Administrator and Human Resources.
5. Care Manager for residents: contacting physicians, family members, and community agencies to obtain specific orders and information as may be necessary in coordinating residents care.
6. Effectively promotes positive and cooperative teamwork with all facility staff, volunteers, residents and family members, according to the organizational philosophy and values. Promote Personal Care Services wellness model, enabling residents to remain as independent as possible as long as possible.
7. Serve as a member of the facility Management team and attend all required educational, staff, Advisory Board and Sub-committee meetings as requested and assigned. Collaborate on plans for outreach services, recommending changes to policies, standards and procedures as necessary.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred, and three to five years of experience in managing a personal care home or assisted living community.
2. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
3. Ability to manage problems with sensitivity to the situation.
4. Must have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
5. Must comply with all regulations and requirements for licensure, and corporate guidelines.
6. Prefer at least 2 years of experience supervising resident care staff.
Normal office environment in retirement residence and personal care community.
1. Ability to read and understand written and spoken English words and sentences.
2. Ability to communicate orally and in writing, English words and sentences.
3. Ability to perform duties and responsibilities promptly and consistently with little directsupervision in planning and organizing of work.
4. Ability to judge the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances or problems.
5. Must be flexible to work varied schedule and various jobs, based on needs.
6. Must have basic P.C. skills, or be willing to receive training.
7. Ability to project enthusiasm and energy.
8. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
9. Skills in collaborative management to lead diverse staff.
10. Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
11. Ability and willingness to drive van/car and assist residents in and out of vehicles. Mustmaintain driving record according to company expectations.
Wesley Woods does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status. The above statements are intended to generally describe the work being performed by people to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills, required of the personnel so classified. Based on established department or facility standards, employees may not perform all the duties listed in this job description.
Enter the code:
Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted.